Bitcoin just surged past $61,000!
Disclosure: You should assume any links in this blog post are 1. affiliate links, 2. links to our own products, or 3. links for your convenience. We only recommend products that we whole-heartedly endorse and any commissions earned from your purchases do not increase your costs.
Why is the price going up?
It's hard to pick a single catalyst for why Bitcoin's price continues to rise.
October (aka Uptober) has brought constant bullish news:
- SEC hints that a Bitcoin futures ETF will be approved, which lays to rest any fears around "the government will ban Bitcoin."
- The family office of billionaire investor George Soros disclosed it was investing in Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin supply on exchanges is at a three-year low 🚀
- Inflation was reported at a 30-year high of 5.4%, which reinforces the investment case for Bitcoin.
- The US just became the leader in Bitcoin mining, which eliminates the narrative that "China controls Bitcoin."
Gradually, then suddenly
After a slow summer, Bitcoin is approaching new all-time highs. Historically, after this happens the price explodes upward.
Bitcoin is becoming more accepted by individuals, corporations, elected officials, and even some governments around the world.
Yet, we're still early. Roughly 1-2% of the world owns any Bitcoin. Tons of upside!
What is an easy way to start investing in Bitcoin?
For people getting started, we like Swan a lot. Their mission is to educate and onboard the next 10 million Bitcoiners.
We're think Swan is the easiest, fastest, and safest way to buy Bitcoin.